- Article 1. These regulations are to establish the system for the Japanese Orthopaedic Association on the basis of Article 6 of its Articles of Incorporation and Article 4 of its general regulations.
Classification of Members
- Article 2. According to Article 6 of the Articles of Incorporation and Article 4 of the general regulations, membership in this Association is classified as follows.
(1) Active Member
(2) Sponsoring Member
(3) Corresponding Member
(4) Honorary Member
(5) Associate Member, International Affiliate Member
- Article 3. Any person(s) intending to become a member of the Association shall satisfy the following requirements.
(1) Active Members must be medical doctors registered in Japan.
(2) Sponsoring Members shall be those people confirming to the conditions of Article 6-(2) of the Articles of Incorporation.
(3) Corresponding Member shall be those people confirming to the conditions of clause 2 of Bylaws of Corresponding Member.
(4) Honorary Members shall be those people confirming to the conditions of Article 6-(3) of the Articles of Incorporation.
(5) Associate Members shall have Japanese nationality and shall have active membership in a scientific organization.
International Affiliate Members shall be non-Japanese and shall have active membership in an Orthopaedic Association or related scientific organization in their country of citizenship.
- Article 4. The admission procedures to be a Member are as follows.
(1) Applicants for Active Membership must obtain the recommendations of two Active Members. They must fill in the prescribed application form (Format-1) and submit it to the secretariat.
(2) Applicants for Sponsoring Membership must obtain the recommendations of two Active Members. They must fill in the prescribed application form (Format-2) and submit it to the secretariat.
(3) Applicants for Associate Membership or International Affiliate Membership must obtain the recommendations of two representatives. They must fill in the prescribed application form (Format-3) and submit it to the secretariat.
Acquisition of Qualification
- Article 5. Applicants who have completed the above admission procedures will become a Member upon approval by the Board of Directors. The admission date shall be the first day of the month after the approval date.
Rights and Duties of Membership
- Article 6. Members shall have the following rights and duties. They are effective from the admission date, except for special cases.
2) Active Members shall have the following rights and duties:
(1) To receive preferentially the Journal of the Japanese Orthopaedic Association and other publications from the month when they are admitted. In the case of non-payment, delivery will be suspended.
(2) To participate in general meetings, scientific meetings, and other projects held by the Japanese Orthopaedic Association.
(3) To make contributions to the Association Journal and to submit papers for scientific meetings.
(4) To pay the membership dues.
(5) To follow and comply with resolutions of the Association’s general meetings.
(6) To promptly notify the secretariat of the Association of any changes in the name, address, and mailing address where the Journals should be sent.
(7) To exercise the other rights and duties according to the Articles of Incorporation and the other regulations of the Japanese Orthopaedic Association.
3) Sponsoring Members shall comply with the provisions of the preceding Articles 6-2), (1) (4) (5) (6) and (7).
4) Honorary Members shall comply with the provisions of Articles 6-2), (1) (2) (3) (5) (6) and (7).
5) Associate Members and International Affiliate Members may participate in the scientific meetings as described in Articles
6-2) (2), and comply with the provisions of Articles 6-2), (1) (3) (4) (5) (6) and (7).
- Article 7. Members withdrawing from the Association must submit the prescribed form (Format 4, 5) to the secretariat, and it must be approved by the Board of Directors. The withdrawal application submitted by a person who has been administratively punished will not be acceptable.
2) The withdrawal date will be considered as the day the Board of Directors approved.
- Article 8. Any person divested of membership may be re-admitted upon reapplication.
- Article 9. Notification of admission shall be made to each member.
2) The Board of Directors shall publish in the Associationís Journal the names of persons relinquishing membership. This shall be considered the notification to the membership.
- Article 10. Any supplemental rules shall be resolved by the Board of Directors on each occasion.
- 1. These regulations shall be effective from April 18th 2001.